UN Women demands increase in deaths of female journalists
Did you know that only 19% of journalists killed in 2017 were women?
That means a shocking 81% of journalists killed in 2017 were men!
This blatant sexism was observed by UN Women, the UN entity for gender equality.
To close this gender gap, a number of proposals have been put forward to the UN:
- more female journalists should be placed in dangerous situations
- female journalists should be issued with high visibility clothing
- male journalists should willingly give up their deaths to their female colleagues
- manufacturers should include gender tallying software on their weapons
- training of all gun users to eliminate societal male target bias.
“It is our hope that these measures will go some way towards a fairer society,” said a spokesperson, “and ensure that women are properly represented among the dead.”
Reporter: John Spencer aka Not the Bible